Software Development process touchpointsYou main role is to discuss & review requirements shared by the client, add them into a prioritized backlog (cultivation of product feature pipeline) & pick items from this backlog for further specification up to a level where a Solution Architect can process it further (to develop/implement the feature, or to come back with a possible solution first, as applicable).
Planning & Estimation
- Requirement gathering: Gather requirements from client about a specific new feature or for a technical problem/bug. The help of a Business Analyst can be availed in case of larger scopes.
- Functional Analysis: Scrutinize any requirements received from the client by cross-checking for any logical flaws/shortcomings and check for a more efficient alternative idea/solution. Thereafter, flesh out a detailed description or high-level solution for the new feature or technical problem (a technical solution can be provided by involving an SA/TL if needed)
- Estimation and/or SA Analysis: After the functional analysis is done, you request an Estimation of the feature (if needed), else put the item into the Solution Architecture phase. It is your responsibility that the items is fully & correctly understood by the respective Solution Architect.
- Define the software development process flow for the overall project (i.e. whether a staging deployment is needed, whether pre-and/or post-production QA is needed, whether estimations are necessary prior to SA phase, whether an item should be auto-deployed or waiting for a milestone release, etc)
- Identify critical success factors for the project & proactively identify and mitigate risks by taking timely countermeasures.
- Team composition: Pick SA and PM for your project as they may (at times) both be client-facing. The PM & SA will then be responsible to choose the development team as per the resource plan.
- Regularly liaise with the PM and review the status reports about overall project progress (on milestone and pcl item-level)
- As per client’s relationship and value, PDM may be the right person to provide ongoing project plan/status reporting for clients on day-to-day updates (whereby PM is responsible to produce this report internally).
- Take escalation measures in case of delays or overstepped budgets (re-negotiating with client, increasing team strength, updating timelines, etc)
Quality assurance & Delivery
- Conduct Fit-for-Purpose checks on deliverable (after it passed QA) before releasing it to client
- Inform client about the release and schedule the deployment to production
- Conduct post-delivery review of a product with learnings and things that have gone well
- Conduct retrospectives every 3 months in case of ongoing projects.
Financials & Billing
- Handle rate & budget negotiations with clients & prospects while applying your vast know-how about potential engagement models, principles of internal costing and pricing strategies.
- Manage project revenue and prepare P&L for management for the ongoing projects
- Raising regular invoices to clients as per time spent / project progress & manage follow-ups in case of uncleared invoices.
Customer Success Manager & Primary Point of Contact
- You overall act as the primary point of contact for the client for and should be there in every call (as and when the need arises, you may also freely involve an SA/TA, the PM or your seniors). The role of day-to-day status updates should, depending on the relationship with the client, be delegated to the PM.
- Continuously monitor client satisfaction and secure a constantly high CSAT score
- Proactively anticipate any potential grievances (however small) to instantly mitigate, monitor and escalate accordingly
- Expand the client relationships and the extent of cooperation (e.g. follow-up projects)
- Obtain reviews / recommendations / referrals from the client for successful work done
- Handle any grievance received from a client in a highly structured and professional manner.
Pre-Sales & Client re-activationBesides managing projects, the Product Manager understands that they play an important role in the project acquisition / lead conversion and client-reactivation due to their professional and self-confident appearance paired with an extensive subject-matter know-how and the unique ability to provide “comfort” to a client by showing him directly who he would be interacting with regularly.
- Liaise with BDM team to acquire projects in your subject matter domain and by jumping on the call to impress the client with your intellect, communication and subject-matter knowledge.
- Reactivation of previous clients with the help of BD team
Short & Mid-term resource planning
- By regularly liaising with the clients, you should always have some kind of 6-month forward looking assumption with regard to the resource planning outlook.
- Actively communicate any anticipated downtime / idle time as far in advance as possible to BD team
Strategic positioning & continuous improvementThe Product manager has an ongoing exposure to external clients and the company’s target market as a whole. This makes the PDM a valuable source to share findings about relevant market shifts/trends or new methodologies to respective focus groups in VT
- Identify & validate trending relevant processes/tools and inform seniors & DSIE if applicable
- Refine best practices & standard operating procedures and inform seniors & DSIE if applicable
- Handling of team members & attrition rate
- Maintaining high morale of team members and high employee satisfaction (ESAT)
- Aligning the team with company vision and strategy
- Organising team building activities
- Intelligently utilise “small” amounts of idle time of team by assigning meaningful and productive tasks that are very likely to be done in the project. Stretched idle times must be reported to BDM/DSIE and may not be used to do advance work (risk mitigation!).
Desired Candidate Profile Candidate ProfileYou are a highly accomplished and dynamic leader with a successful career in managing complex and large software development projects. You live by highest professional standards (quality, methodology) and enjoy the challenges of working on sophisticated enterprise projects for large renowned multinational clients.Analytical skills
- You have a very analytical mind combined with a great attention to detail and are able to structure / organize an abundance of information to identify which matters needs prioritized attention.
- You are a versed abstract thinker and can thereby deal with problems across technologies/industries without a specific understanding of the programming syntax or industry.
- You are a natural problem solver and able to break down a highly complex technical problem into logical components, cause(s) and effect(s).
- You enjoy complex challenges/projects and it motivates you to be surrounded by super smart individuals.
Technical skillsYou possess a solid understanding of the following:
- Basic technical concepts (operators, conditions, process flow diagrams)
- A highly talented developer with 8+ years of total experience ( 5+ years hands-on experience in Software Development / building apps , Android, iOS, Cross Platform .( React Native, Flutter etc )
- Should have spent at least the last 2-3 years in technical Mobile project management (along with requirement gathering & client communication)
- The last 2-3 years spent on technical project management must have a significant share of COMPLEX / SOPHISTICATED long-term projects (e.g. enterprise level), not just MVPs!
- Technical terminologies across various domains (e.g. EC2, oAuth, RDS)
- Awareness of major development frameworks
- Software development lifecycle methodologies and best practices (SDLC)
- Project Management tools (e.g. JIRA, Asana, Slack), agile project management methodologies and best practices
Role:Software Development - Other
Salary: Not Disclosed by Recruiter
Industry:IT Services & Consulting
Functional AreaEngineering - Software & QA
Role CategorySoftware Development
Employment Type:Full Time, Permanent
UG:BCA in Any Specialization,B.Tech/B.E. in Any Specialization
Our 100+ tech experts are spread across our offices in Berlin, Ahmedabad and Mohali (Chandigarh), helping our clients in digital transformation using the latest tech stacks in web, ecommerce, mobile app, cloud computing and automation. We offer to our clients end-to-end services beginning from ideation phase to being a successful part of the market.
VT Netzwelt prides itself in being one of the most employee centric organisations where we care, groom, and support not only our employees but their families also.
Leveraging on the robust and solid foundation laid down by our dedicated and devoted team under the guidance of European & Indian management; this 13 years old company is now growing big, and growing fast.